Home improvement and design are constantly changing and developing, here are 5 trends for home improvement that are on the rise for 2017.
1. Matte finishes make their move : polished granite, sparkling chrome, and gleaming sleek stainless have been favorite finishes for years. That changes this year with the quick rise of matte finishes. Beyond appliances, matter finishes were on a wide array of fixtures and surfaces.
2. Induction cooking : induction cooking has been high on consumer reports for several years. Its precision heating and control gives it praise beyond any cook top in the market. The only downside is the price, it often costs twice and much as standard gas or electric.
3. Smaller but fancier homes : for the first time since 2009 the average size of new homes in 2016 went down. Homes were being built much larger than what typical homeowners were interested in buying. Looking for smaller homes with flexible floor plans will benefit you.
4. Mix and match appliances: kitchen appliances are becoming more modular, allowing homeowners to mix and match their placement in new helpful ways.
5. The greener the better : another trend that is quickly becoming popular is indoor gardening and plants. The more plants the better and cozy your home feels. As well gardening herbs in your very own kitchen has become a new trend.